snippets and pictures of our not-so-personal lives




Thursday, March 4, 2010

More Than Two Months Later

I decided back in November that I wanted to focus on the nativity story more than anything else over the holiday season. We sang all of the nativity primary songs every night before bed. I think we watched, at Mary's request "the special Christmas movie" (what Mary called the nativity movie) at least once a week. Furthermore, we acted out the nativity on Christmas Eve with friends. So should I be surprised that months later Mary is still pretending to be Mary, with Derrick as Joseph and her doll as baby Jesus? She still turns our love seat into a stable, something she has done since December. She takes the back cushions down, piles blankets all around and calls this the stable. Her creativity never ceases to amaze me. I'm ultimately quite happy, (o.k. brag happy) that of all of the things/ideas she could have had stuck with her about Christmas, that the nativity and the birth of Christ is what stuck the most. Helps me feel like I'm doing something right. Now if I could only figure out how to get her and Derrick to put the couch cushions back when they are done, that would really be something! ;)

2 comments:

Chris and Lish said...

Maybe its super cool for her to relate to since one of the main characters is has her name...

Danny and Darcie said...

This is kind of pathetic for me to admit to, but I hadn't thought of it in that way. I mean we have talked to her before about all of the different Mary's she is named after, and all of the different Mary's she knows. But it does make sense that she would relate to and remember something better when her own name plays such a significant role.