snippets and pictures of our not-so-personal lives




Sunday, March 14, 2010

π Day

We were invited to celebrate pi day this evening. I think it is one of the neatest and tastiest traditions I have been introduced too. I'm convinced and determined to continue the tradition with our family. Every year on March 14th (3.14) the Sorenson family makes a ton of pies to share with family and friends. This year they went above and beyond my expectations. There were over 30 pies, all looking divine and simply scrumptious. To give you a small insight into the heaven on earth I was admitted too, here is a list of pies that were available to sample. In no particular order:

Hershey Bar, Triple Berry, Chocolate Silk, Berry Blast, Key Lime, Snickers, Pumpkin, Sugar Cream, Lemon Supreme, Cherry, Pecan, Apple, Lemon, Orange Chiffon, Coconut Cream, Banana Cream, Strawberry Rhubarb, Pomegranate Cream, Carmel Apple.

I can't state too many times how enjoyable it was to sample as many pies as my heart desired. Thankfully, I didn't make myself sick, but there is always next year ;o)

Interestingly enough you would think that Mary and Derrick had eaten enough pie to last them at least a month, but no. When we arrived home Mary was adamant that she have a slice of the pineapple pie I made. She was upset that she didn't get any at the "pie party" as she called it. So, this picture is of Mary eating mommy's pineapple pie.

4 comments:

HeidiPie said...

I wonder how we never got ourselves invited...hmm..oh well, we had a yummy pie ourselves.

Danny and Darcie said...

I could have sworn you and I were talking about it at church, and I was wondering why you guys didn't show up? If you have leftovers we should get together and swap slices. We still have over half of our pineapple pie left.

HeidiPie said...

Yeah, you mentioned how you had seen a flyer. We would've loved to swap but our oreo pie is all gone.

Danny and Darcie said...

Bummer. I think Oreo was a kind that I didn't try yesterday. Sounds scrumptious :)