snippets and pictures of our not-so-personal lives




Thursday, February 25, 2010

I Can Sing a Rainbow Too

As I was preparing last night to teach for Mary's preschool group, I came across a song that brought back old school memories. Of sitting in crowed hot classrooms learning and practicing songs for a school program. Today we focused on the letter R, and we learned about the color wheel, primary colors, secondary colors and of course rainbows. Which brings me back to the song. Way back in kindergarten or 1st grade I learned a song called, I Can Sing a Rainbow. We all had assigned colors that we were to wear on the day of the performance, and we had batons with streamers attached to wave around. I was assigned to wear purple, which I remember I didn't like, because my dad doesn't like the color purple. Last night as I was searching for rainbow songs and finger plays to do with the kids I came across that song. I just knew I had to teach it to Mary and her friends for preschool. I also made paper wands that they could wave around. It was adorable, and again I just can't believe all of the memories that came rushing back. Well, they all had such a good time "performing" with the music, that I got out the camera and got it all on video. Again, so cute and so fun to see the individual personalities of all of the kids come though. Good times. Enjoy!


1 comment:

HeidiPie said...

Good times with the streamers!