snippets and pictures of our not-so-personal lives




Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Addicted - and Surprised to Be

It's official. Actually, it's been official for awhile. I am now just realizing the extent of my addiction. I'm not ashamed to admit to it, however I am surprised at how easily I became ensnared. No, I'm not talking about the Twilight books. I'm referring to blogging.

I have taken to checking my "family" blog at least once a day - typically while the kids are napping, or after they are in bed for the night. Something I didn't expect to do, or even want to do. I now also have a new reason to take pictures of my kids. I look forward to snapping pictures of Mary and Derrick doing something silly just so I can blog about them, and of course brag.

As many of you know, I have an extremely tough time keeping in contact with people. I am always intending to make that phone call or write that note to someone, but it rarely happens. Therefore, I truly started my blog for the purpose of staying in contact with family and friends better. Which I do - or at least I try to do. I just didn't expect the process to be quite so enjoyable.

I also have rediscovered my joy of journaling. I once up on a time was an avid journal writer. Since kids, not so much, and I regret it - a lot. Blogging has helped alleviate the regret of not writing everything down. Once again a pleasant surprise of jumping on the blog band wagon.

I'm so grateful that I live now, in this day and age, where technology helps me keep in touch and put down in prose, pictures and video the happenings of everyday life. So, I know I've said this before, but thank you again to all of my friends who helped me see past my prejudices of blogging. I couldn't be more satisfied with the outcome.

No comments: