snippets and pictures of our not-so-personal lives




Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dinosaurs and Fossils

This week in preschool Mary learned about dinosaurs. I haven't seen her this excited about learning something new in awhile. I bet we check out a lot of dinosaur books the next time we go to the library. She came home on Tuesday, telling me about how dinosaurs with sharp teeth eat meat and dinosaurs that don't have sharp teeth eat vegetables. They got to sample meat and vegetables - beef jerky and celery. Much to our downstairs neighbors dismay, I'm sure, she stomped around the house like a dinosaur practically all day. Today she was beside herself when she showed me the fossils they made. She informed me that they are baby dinosaur feet because they are so small. Well, she had to have me take pictures of her fossils. Then she wanted to take a picture of the Stegosaurus she colored. Which she did, surprisingly well, without my assistance.

9 comments:

Shellee said...

I peaked at your blog the other day from kari's blog. you can add my name to your blog and I hope it's okay to add yours.

Kari said...

Those fossils were a great idea. If only Avery would stop eating them...

Danny and Darcie said...

Of course it's okay for you to add my blog to your list, Shellee. I wouldn't have asked you if I had not assumed that you would be doing the same. :) I'm excited to keep in touch with you more. Thanks for asking.

Sarah and Troy said...

How did she make the fossils? The boys would get a kick out of making some.

Danny and Darcie said...

They are made out of salt dough, but I'm not sure how Brittney did it. I'm assuming she made some sort of mold for the kids to use. Let me ask Brittney and I will get back to you. Or maybe Kari knows what Brittney did.

Franziska Patterson said...

Haha, I have to laugh about Mary. I like how she is such a strong little personality and so non-girly in many ways. Way to go and be excited about dinosaur stuff.

Danny and Darcie said...

I have no worries about Mary holding her own with two younger brothers. Even if her next little brother isn't mellow like Derrick. It will be an adventure, that's for sure. :)

HeidiPie said...

She had some sand and used a little dinosaur to make the footprint in it and then poured plaster of paris in it, let it try then popped it out. Yup, I was wondering too and asked her while I was there. it was a really fun idea.

Danny and Darcie said...

Plaster or Paris! That's what it is. Thanks Heidi! I knew that I recognized it but couldn't figure out what it was.