snippets and pictures of our not-so-personal lives




Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Spiders and Broken Valentines

Today was a fun day in preschool for Mary, and Derrick had his fun too. Mary learned about spiders in preschool today. They made spider hats and treats. Plus did spiderweb rubbings. But our big surprise of the day, was when I walked upstairs after picking up Mary from preschool across the street. Derrick had snagged our big Valentine's Day heart cookies from off the counter, and was eating and demolishing them on the love seat. I was planning on frosting these giant heart cookies and giving them to Mary and Derrick for Valentine's Day. I had them on the counter covered with aluminum foil. I figured, out of sight - out of mind, right? Well, never underestimate the power of an 18 month-old using a step stool. I guess we get to make more cookies!


4 comments:

Kari said...

It's amazing what they can get in to. I'll bring your cookie cutters back ASAP. (:

HeidiPie said...

Here's to more fun!!

Chris and Lish said...

The bigger question is whether he was eating them or just smashing them...

Danny and Darcie said...

Piecing the cookie back together as well as I could, he ate quite a bit considering the short amount of time he had to go to town. These cookies were huge to begin with, eight plus inches across, and the same top to bottom. Well he will be able to enjoy the sugary goodness twice this year. I'm making more because I want the pictures of the kids eating them with frosting, sprinkles etc. It's a George family tradition that I want to continue.