snippets and pictures of our not-so-personal lives




Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

One of my favorite family traditions growing up was the gargantuan heart shaped sugar cookies my mom would make for us as kids. I decided I wanted to make these cookie Valentine's for Mary and Derrick. The first attempt was mischievously foiled by Derrick. The second turned out much better, and made for adorable pictures. Mary, as usual, attacked the cookie with gusto. Derrick looked at his for a little bit and then started eating the frosting.

The finished product of Mary's Valentine cookie.

The finished product of Derrick's Valentine cookie.

The second set of pictures are the kids opening the Valentine's package that grandma George sent. Both were tired, and hyped up on sugar -thanks to me - so everything made them a tad more excitable than usual. Grandma sent Mary a toy iron, that I think was suppose to come at Christmas but didn't make the package. Mary immediately started ironing her clothes, with water from the squirt bottle, I might add. Derrick loved the flashing ring, and the toy bank filled with candy. He was rather upset when we had to take them away for bed.

The third set of pictures are the Valentine's Mary and Derrick made for grandma's and grandpa's. I am sorry that pictures of the Valentine's are all grandparent's will receive. I realized too late that we don't have stamps, and I am sure by the time I remember to get them it will be Easter. :) Thanks to all the grandparents who made this Valentine's special! We love you!

1 comment:

Kari said...

We also have a whole stack of Valentine's to mail today... oh well. (: