snippets and pictures of our not-so-personal lives




Friday, February 19, 2010

Wahoo! Ten Weeks Left!

So, I had a doctors appointment this morning. When she said, "You are almost there. Only ten weeks left." I had one of those double-take moments. What? Did I hear that correctly? Just a fourth left to go? YAHOO!!! I cannot believe how quickly this pregnancy had passed. It has been so nice to be pregnant during the winter months. I think I owe the quick passage of time to the holidays. Furthermore, it feels good to have a real excuse to tell Mary why we are not going outside today. Much too cold. Much easier to explain then Mommy doesn't feel up to it. There is, however, one big down-side to this whole winter prego thing. I ate way too much over the holidays (and I'm not just talking about Thanksgiving and Christmas) justified in the name of pregnancy. Now with ten weeks to go, I'm already as big as I was at 40 weeks with Mary and Derrick. Yikes! Well, here's to the warm weather that is on it's way, and hoping that I can motivate myself to get out and exercise after the baby is born.

7 comments:

Kari said...

That did go by super fast. And I'm glad that we'll get to see the baby after he is born! Maybe he will come early and it will only be eight more weeks...

Sarah and Troy said...

It's not the holidays. It's because it's your third. Chase made me 10 lbs heavier than the other two did. Goodness knows what would happen with a fourth. Honestly though, I bet you still are just barely showing even if yo do only have 10 weeks left.

Danny and Darcie said...

I love you both for those comments. I would appreciate nothing more from this little guy than for him to come a little early. Furthermore, even though I'm huge it sure helps to hear others say that I'm not that big. Also, good to know the extra ten pounds is hopefully normal.

HeidiPie said...

I agree with the others, and I don't think you could ever be fat. Pregnant or not.

Danny and Darcie said...

I love you too, Heidi. Thanks much, it makes me feel better :)

Reading Family said...

Darcie - Glad you ran into our blog. It's good to hear how you guys are doing. Good luck hanging in there for the end of your pregnancy!

Danny and Darcie said...

Thanks Christi! I'm excited to follow what's happening in your lives and keep in touch again. Natalie is a cutie pie and it is so fun to see your experiences and remember similar circumstances.