snippets and pictures of our not-so-personal lives




Thursday, May 27, 2010

To Miss Or Not To Miss

As the time draws closer to the day we are moving from Ohio, I have been thinking specifically about all of the things I will miss and not miss so much from Columbus. So, without further ado, here are my lists in no particular order.

I will miss . . .
the Westland Ward.
the wonderful friends I have made here.
the metro parks.
the humidity.
the wind and constant breezes.
how green everything is during the spring and summer months.
how vibrant and colorful the leaves are in the fall.
how the ice storms make everything look so sparkly.
the football - Go Buckeyes!
the lightening storms (even though they used to freak me out :)
the plethora of snow days.
the zoo.
Jazz and Rib Fest (Soooo yummy!)
Thanksgivings at the church.
4th of July's on top of 9th Ave parking garage.
book club.
Bob Evan's
Raising Cane's
Chipotle (there are a few locations in Utah, but not close enough to make it worth the drive)
Anthony Thomas Chocolate Factory, and the free tours.

I won't miss so much . . .
the weave lanes on the freeways (Yes, this is number one on my not miss list.)
the train tracks behind our apartment (this is a close second.)
the ice storms.

Well, I need to be doing other things now, so I will stop with these lists like this. I am planning on adding more as I think of them so stay tuned. Furthermore, I know lots of people also moving, so what would you add to either list? Just curious.

3 comments:

Kari said...

I will miss lots of things... but I think I will miss the wonderful friends I made (like you guys!).

We look forward to seeing you guys soon!

Danny and Darcie said...

Us too! Are you going to have time to get together? Fran was saying to me tonight at book club that she would like to have everyone over one last time. We aren't leaving until the 8th of June now. Danny's parents don't arrive until the 7th. So we will for sure be able to see you. Anyhow, see you soon.

HeidiPie said...

I'm going to miss all the trees and how they are so pretty in the spring and the fall. And I'm really going to miss being able to take off and go on little mini vacations and go see what's out in Ohio and other states. There's not as much of that close by in the west.
I am not going to miss having neighbors on all sides of me. I can not wait to let my kids run around screaming when they're happy and to play the piano whenever I want. =)