snippets and pictures of our not-so-personal lives




Friday, May 14, 2010

More About Mother's Day

After a much anticipated leave of absence, I'm happy to be feeling well enough and alert enough to post a few more things about Allen and his entrance into the world.

I started having contractions around 7:00 when I woke up Sunday morning. The contractions were actually strong enough for me to know that it was time to wake up the kids, feed them breakfast and take them to the Patterson's. (Thanks again Fran and Henry and sorry for making your Mother's Day chaotic.) We arrived at the hospital around 8:30 and was told I was dilated 6 cm. It took about a half hour or so to check-in and for them to call my doctor. They broke my water right after I got to a delivery room, around 9:00. My doctor arrived around 9:30 and checked me again, I was expecting to be 7 maybe 8 cm dilated, but I was so happy and surprised to be told I was a 9 and let my doctor know when I felt the urge to push. Waited through a few more contractions, decided it was time and told my doctor, pushed and Allen was here. As soon as I held him I knew his name was Allen, or at least I couldn't think of calling him by any other name. All in all I couldn't have asked for a better labor and delivery.
After all of the pictures Danny posted of me and Allen I feel obligated to post at least one of him. (: This was taken right after Allen had his first bath, and before Danny went home to get Mary and Derrick. Later that day, Danny brought Mary and Derrick to the hospital to introduce Allen to them. Mary was all smiles and just wanted to hold, hug and kiss Allen. Derrick wanted to be helpful right from the start by trying to feed Allen a pretzel.
What a proud big sister!Excuse my cheesy grin. Sometimes you just can't help it.

Derrick pointing out that Allen has a nose. Something he did at least ten times.

4 comments:

Natalie and Tyson Washburn said...

Darcie, he is just so cute. I love how Mary and Derrick want to help so much, it is darling to see pictures of it. I can't believe how much Mary looks like you in the picture that she is holding Allen, it is amazing.
Just know we love you both and I am so excited for you and pshyced to see you guys. Tyson is so excited to play with the kids and see you all too. Love ya.

Franziska Patterson said...

Ahhh, you're just beautiful with your happy smile, not cheesy. And I love Derrek pointing out the nose. It's a good thing to have! He's such a cutie, and I love holding him...

Camey said...

Congrats on the new little one! I am so glad that you had a great delivery. What a cute little family!!

Danny and Darcie said...

Thanks everyone, especially Fran. It's nice to hear that you are beautiful, most of all after you have a baby. (:

Hey Camey, how are you all doing? I haven't heard anything about you or yours in forever. I hope everything is well for you. Thanks for commenting - it's fun to see who visits.