snippets and pictures of our not-so-personal lives




Saturday, November 5, 2011

I'm Sorry Mary

I have allowed my blogging laziness to expand to unacceptable proportions. I not only forgot to blog about Mary's fifth birthday, but I have been putting it off ever since. So, I'm wanting to jot down a few things about Mary that I don't want to forget about her, and the little individual she is right now. Her most favorite things to do are ride her bike (which she taught herself to do this summer after Danny took off her training wheels), read, play with her baby dolls, color and watch a movie with her family. Mary is a wonderful helper to me and to her brothers. She is so responsible for a five year old, and is continuing to accept more responsibilities and earn the trust and privileges that come with them. She constantly wishes that she could be in school this year, and I wonder at times if we should have started her in a private school. However, I am happy with the time she has been able to spend with me and her brothers doing "School Time" as we call it. Since, we have become more settled in our home, Mary has become a social butterfly. She has many friends and likes to play with them all. I am proud to see her include everyone in play (her brothers too). Most of all, I am happiest to see her testimony of Christ and His love for her develop into true knowledge. She chooses to pray about anything and everything that is going on in her life or bugging/bothering/scaring her. Her faith is amazing, and she is such an example to me. I am grateful everyday that she was born into our family, and that she is the spunky little girl that she is.

I think that sums up some of the thoughts I have had going through my head lately. I want to post some pictures from her birthday, too. We'll see if the happens. :)

1 comment:

Kari said...

Happy Birthday Mary!