snippets and pictures of our not-so-personal lives




Thursday, October 6, 2011

For Kari

And anyone else out there that needs a pick me up. These cookies will do the trick :)

Halloween Chocolate Roll-Out Cookies

1 C butter
1 C sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
3 C flour
3 oz (squares) melted, unsweetened chocolate

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Mix in melted chocolate. Mix in baking powder and flour. Blend in last of the flour by hand. The dough will be very stiff. Do not chill. Divide dough in to two portions. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a circle approx. 12 inches in diameter and 1/8 thick. Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet 6-7 minutes.

I like to make my cookies thicker, and I don't cook them quite as long either. It makes for softer cookies. These cookies hold their shape very well, so you can cram a ton of them together for faster baking too.

Sorry, I has taken me so long to get these cookies posted. Hope they help you feel better, Kari!

No comments: