snippets and pictures of our not-so-personal lives




Friday, August 5, 2011

The Fourth Of July

I am obviously too tired to be trying to compose multiple posts at once. These pictures belong with the previous post, and I don't really want to fix it at the moment. Sorry:)













P.s. I know it is sad to say this but, don't you just love my new carpet!?! I know I do!


We had a blast with my family this Fourth of July! Grandma George, Aunt Natalie and Uncle Tyson we all able to come up and spend the weekend with us. (It is so nice to have enough space to do this comfortably.) I don't think that my kids have had so much fun with family sleeping over! We decided to try out the North Ogden parade, and it was perfect for the kids and adults. Aunt Carrie, Kambrya, Caleb, Ryan and A.J. also drove down from Brigham City, that morning to come to the parade. Mary and Derrick would have had fun at the parade no matter what, but having grandma, aunts,uncles, and cousins made it SO much better! The cookies that Derrick is munching and Allen has all over his shirt are all because of the generosity of Smith's employee's and my crazy sister Carrie. Smith's was handing out cookies, and the employee's doing so were telling everyone to take as many as they want and if they want more just ask. So, Carrie pipes up and asks for more, like in a sealed box, so she can take them home for another Fourth of July party. The employee's were all smiles and said no problem. The next thing we know we are being handed a huge box full of cookies, with a question "Is this enough?" There were well over a hundred cookies in this box, and they wouldn't take them back once they had given them to us. So needless to say, Mary, Derrick and Allen ate WAY too many cookies at this parade. At least one child had a cookie in hand the entire parade! On top of the cookies all of the floats were tossing out candy to the kids, which we knew was going to happen, but again I didn't realize the massive quantities of candy my kids would be getting. They all had so much fun picking it up.

2 comments:

Sarah and Troy said...

You are one crafty lady! I'm super impressed by your skills.

Kari said...

Looks like you guys had a great forth! We miss you guys!