snippets and pictures of our not-so-personal lives




Sunday, August 7, 2011

Another Running Ooops

Tonight, while running my typical route on a park path, I noticed some guys loitering at the far side of my loop. I didn't feel good about running by them. I decided to turn off the path sooner and run through a neighborhood that I haven't been through before, but knew it opened out onto a main road, so I could get back to my home that way. Anyway, the neighborhood ended up taking me WAY further south than I expected. Furthermore, when I got back to the main road there wasn't a sidewalk and it was getting dark. I didn't want to run in the road at that time of night so I got to walk through the weeds until the sidewalk returned. My typical twenty minute run turning into more than an hour and a half, which I haven't done before. Also, by the time I got back it was completely dark and had been for quite some time. Oops. Sorry, Danny to make you worry.

4 comments:

Kari said...

Another running oops? What was your other one?

Danny and Darcie said...

I forgot to use the bathroom before running. I'll never forget to do that again.

HeidiPie said...

ooops, that was a long run! I don't know how you guys go out and run. Sometimes I think I'd like to go out and run. But that feeling comes like once every couple of years and is fed in about 10 minutes. =)

Danny and Darcie said...

I like biking more, but I have to bike for a much longer period of time to get the same workout. I just don't have that type of time. Unless I wake up early, which I hate doing.:0)