snippets and pictures of our not-so-personal lives




Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy Memorial Day

It was a happy Memorial Day weekend even though it was kind of weird and bittersweet to have a grave to visit now. In the past Danny and I have just tagged along for the ride to visit graves of people I didn't have the chance of meeting before they passed away. This year my family all got together to visit my dad's grave. It was a good experience for me and for the kids. We got the kids pinwheels to place on Grandpa George's grave. They liked being apart of the Memorial Day remembering. The cemetery looked amazing with all of the flags placed upon all of the veterans graves. It reminded my how blessed we are to live in a country with the freedoms to live and worship the way we choose. It also helped me be that much more appreciative of all of those who die for our country.

I still feel incredibly sad when I think that my children will most likely not remember their grandpa George when they are older - especially Allen, since his name is my father's middle name. However, I find immense peace in knowing that we are an eternal family and eternal families can be together forever.

Our family with Grandma George at Grandpa George's grave. We love you and miss you Grandpa!


P.s. It was my birthday too, and I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend it. The entire weekend full of good BBQ food, and I didn't have to prepare a single meal.

No comments: