snippets and pictures of our not-so-personal lives




Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day Sugar High

This year making gigantic Valentine cookies for the kids was almost a flop. I had forgotten how much dough it takes to make one and didn't quite have enough for three. I just made them thinner than usual and it finally worked out. Which I am a happy about because this picture of Allen looks exactly like me and my first huge Valentine cookie. I wish I had a copy of that picture to post. Allen liked banging and smacking his hands on the cookie. He didn't get any frosting to his mouth, which I am kind of grateful for because it was homemade cream cheese frosting and I haven't introduced dairy products yet. He sure had fun just playing with it though. All in all we had a happy Valentine's Day. Hopefully, more to come about the fantastic gift Danny gave me, but Mary will be home from preschool soon, so I must stop now.
Such a cute smile, with two bottom teeth.
Derrick looks a little dazed about how big his cookie is.
Mary posing with her Valentine cookie. By the way, the roses aren't mine they are my mother-in-law's. Danny did get me an awesome gift, but long stem roses were not apart of it :)

3 comments:

HeidiPie said...

pretty cool. So, what did you use for dough? Is it just sugar cookie dough?

HeidiPie said...

oh, and can't wait to hear about your valentine gift.

Kari said...

Those are really big cookies!! I want one! And I can't believe how much Allen looks like Derrick!